The Second U.S. Presidential Debate Live Viewing & Post-Debate Panel Discussion
Co-hosted by AmCham China and Yale Center Beijing.
Time and Location
Monday, October 10, 2016
Registration: 8:30-8:50 am
Welcome Remarks: 8:50-9:00 am
Live TV Viewing: 9:00-10:30 am
Commentaries and Q&A: 10:30-11:30 am
Yale Center Beijing
8 Jianguomenwai Avenue, 36th Floor, Tower B, IFC Building (Yong'anli Station, Exit C)
Registration and Fees
Purchase in advance: RMB 50 for students; RMB 100 for others.
Click HERE to register via EVENTBANK.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions, or call Yale Center Beijing at (10) 5909 0200.
The second presidential debate will be in the form of a town meeting, in which half of the questions will be posed directly by attending citizens and the other half based on topics of broad public interests reflected on social media and other sources. You can SUBMIT your own questions @ PresidentialOpenQuestions.com . Some of the top questions include:
- Why isn't the entire medical industry under indictment under 15 USC Sec 1?
- How can government justify refugees when we have homeless people?
- Is it alright to destroy emails under Congressional subpoena?
- What will you do to remove money from politics?
- Do CEOs in the U.S. deserve to earn 350 times more than the average U.S. workers?
- Globalism: do you support it or oppose it and why?
- How do you plan to bring the U.S. back to the forefront of education?/li>
- Why do we continue to provide aid to countries that are obviously not our allies?
A panel discussion after the debate will be led by senior community and business leaders that are friends of AmCham China in Beijing.
The commentaries made by speakers and members of the audience are strictly off the record.
The language of the event will be English.