Around the World
Martha Muñoz, Assistant Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Yale University
Anoles Lizards, Evolution, and Climate Change in the Caribbean
Mary Miller, Sterling Professor Emeritus of Art, Yale University; Director, the Getty Research Institute
Within the Palace: Maya Courtly Life c 800 CE
Maurice Samuels, Betty Jane Anlyan Professor of French, Yale University
Abbas Amanat, William Graham Summer Professor of History Emeritus, Yale University
Iran: From an Empire to a Nation
Morgan Ng, Assistant Professor of Renaissance Architecture and Visual Culture, Yale University
The Artistic Splendors of Renaissance Rome
Erik Harms, Professor of Anthropology & Southeast Asia Studies, Yale University
Who is a Neighborhood? A View from Saigon
Lingxin Zhang, Lector of Ancient Egyptian Languages, Yale University
“Holy of holies” – Monumentalizing the extraordinary reign of Hatshepsut
Elihu Rubin, Associate Professor of Urbanism, Yale School of Architecture
The American City
- 8 90-minute online lecture and discussion sessions (a total of 12 hours) over 4 weeks
- Each participant may opt to submit a short English essay (<250 words) on where, to which epoch one would like to travel, and why. Participants who submit the short essay will receive feedback from Yale College admissions interviewers, and the best essays will be featured on Yale Center Beijing’s social media platforms.
Those who attend 100% of the sessions will each receive a certificate of completion.
The language of the program will be English.
Please download and install the Zoom Application beforehand. Yale Center Beijing’s staff will contact confirmed participants for further testing in advance of the program to ensure a pleasant experience.
Date & Time
China Standard Time：
- July 15 — August 6, every Friday & Saturday
- 8:00-9:30 am (Exception: for July 16's lecture, the time is set during midnight-1:30 am)
- Anyone who is interested in history, culture and travel, and middle/high school/university students (Recommendation: be at least 16 years old)
- Flash Sale (by June 12): RMB 5,999
- Early Bird (by June 25): RMB 6,999
- Student Ticket: RMB 7,999
- Alumni Ticket: RMB 7,999
- Group Discount Price (at least three persons): RMB 7,999
- Standard Ticket: RMB 9,999
*The registration fee for the event is non-refundable. Unless due to a force majeure reason, Yale Center Beijing will not refund any part of the registration fee if a participant fails to attend the event.
+86 139 1131 9551
To apply, scan the QR code below, or click HERE.
Experience Yale Program Series ：
Yale Center Beijing has held Yale faculty-led multi-day programs over the years to create a platform for next generation leaders to engage in intellectual exchange and discover new interests and abilities. The “Experience Yale” Program Series aims to expose participants to the quintessential education experience at Yale, where participants interact with Yale faculty from various fields, and engage in critical thinking, evidence-based discussions, and collaborative activities, which are the keystones of a liberal arts education.